The development of mathematical knowledge is a gradual process. A continuous, cohesive program is necessary to help students develop a solid, conceptual understanding of the “big ideas” of mathematics. We are seeking a Curriculum Designer to join our team to make thoughtful, informed decisions about mathematics curricula and instructional materials.
Seoul, South Korea (Relocation benefits TBD)
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop coherent secondary mathematics course outlines that align with CCSS standards
- Organize topics for each course in a sequential order
- Define clear learning objectives for each unit and lesson
- Design questions and applications in each lesson that incorporate Knowre’s proprietary technology
- Write clear, helpful, relevant solutions to questions and applications
- Collaborate with other Curriculum Designers, Video Lecturers, and Content Developers
- Perform quality assurance
- Contribute in the delivery of content for online video lessons
- Degree in Mathematics Education and/or Mathematics with teaching certification in secondary mathematics
- 2+ years of experience teaching secondary mathematics with US curriculum in a classroom setting
- Understanding of current research and practice in mathematics pedagogy
- Experience developing and designing secondary mathematics curricula is a plus
- Graduate degrees in Math Education highly valued
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail with the ability to organize and plan
- Passion for developing and improving students’ mathematical understanding and problem-solving skills
What We Believe
- Education – We believe in personalizing education to meet the needs of each and every student.
- Technology – We believe in leveraging the power of technology to change the face of education.
- Design – We believe in the power of design to create an engaging educational experience.
- SIIA CODiE “Best Mathematics Instructional Solution” Finalist
- Semi-finalist, Robin Hood College Success Prize
- Winner of NYC DOE GapApp Challenge – “Best Instructional App”
Please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org