Come join our team! Knowre is an educational technology company that specializes in developing adaptive math learning solutions for the web and mobile devices.
A continuous, cohesive program is necessary to help students develop a solid, conceptual understanding of the “big ideas” of mathematics. A key facet of Knowre’s online education paradigm is the presentation of new ideas. We are seeking a Video Lecturer to create clear, concise videos that explain mathematical concepts to elementary school students of varying ability levels.
If you are a middle or high school math teacher that is proficient in PowerPoint and enjoys making videos for your students, accompany us in discovering and contributing to the future of mathematics education.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Use Powerpoint to prepare easy-to-understand video lectures for elementary students in line with Knowre’s curricula
- Record (voice-only), edit, and publish the lectures online
- Create multimedia presentations to illustrate mathematical concepts
- Collaborate with Curriculum Designers throughout the development process
- Perform quality assurance
Minimum Qualifications and Competencies
- 2+ years of experience teaching middle school or high school mathematics, formally or informally
- Undergraduate coursework in mathematics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to organize and plan
- Comprehensive PowerPoint and Geometer’s Sketchpad skills
- Experience with Camtasia and/or video editing a plus
This is a remote contract position with no set office hours; however, in order to complete the tasks associated with the job, the following are required:
- Powerpoint 2013 or later for creating slides
- Microsoft Surface Pro for creating and recording the videos (we will provide recording and editing software, and microphone)
- Must be able to meet deadlines set forth in contract
- Must be able to work approximately 200 hours over the summer months (actual number of hours will depend on proficiency in PowerPoint, Geometer’s SketchPad, and Camtasia)
- Must have reliable internet
We are building the future of education. Knowre’s vision is to provide the most effective education by systematizing the world’s knowledge and personalizing the learning experience.
- SIIA CODiE “Best Mathematics Instructional Solution” Finalist
- Semi-finalist, Robin Hood College Success Prize
- Winner of NYC DOE GapApp Challenge – “Best Instructional App”
- Winner of AAP Revere Awards – Supplemental Resources for Mathematics
Please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.