Last updated: February 8, 2018
Knowre takes the privacy of our users with as much seriousness as we do the education of our students.
Information We Collect
Information Users Provide Us
We collect information from users such as:
- Username and Password
- Other information users choose to provide, such as responses to math questions
Information We Collect Automatically From Users of the Services
We and our third party service providers may collect information from users of our Services through automated means, such as cookies, web beacons, and web server logs. The information collected in this manner includes IP address, device IDs and characteristics, operating system version, language preferences, and region information.
We may use this information, for example, to ensure that the Services function properly, for internal analytics purposes, to troubleshoot, or to prevent fraud.
We also receive information about the usage of our Services, such as questions attempted, lessons attempted, and time to completion of activities. We use this information to create progress reports and perform analysis, and share this information with our partner, Sylvan Learning.
Information We Receive From Our Partners
We may receive information about a user or a registrant from our partner, Sylvan Learning. This information may include:
- Registrant’s name
- User’s name
How We Use Information
We may use the information we collect:
- To operate, maintain, enhance and provide features of the Services, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions, and otherwise to provide support.
- To understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Services, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- To communicate regarding administrative, and informational purposes. This may include providing customer service or notifying users of changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, security, fraud monitoring and prevention; and operating and expanding our business activities.
- To enforce our Terms of Service or other legal rights.
- We may anonymize or aggregate data collected through the Services and may use and disclose it for any purpose.
How We Share Information
We do not disclose the information that we collect through the Services to third parties except in the following circumstances:
- Information collected about the use of the Services (i.e., questions attempted, lessons attempted, time spent on lessons) is shared with our partner, Sylvan Learning
- To our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, payment processing, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, and other services.
- To a potential or actual acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- We do not share personal information with unaffiliated third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
- We may use and disclose information that does not identify or otherwise relate to an individual for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law
We use certain physical, organizational, and technical safeguards that are designed to maintain the integrity and security of information that we collect. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and thus we cannot and do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, viewed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or organizational safeguards.
International Cross-Border Data Transfer
Knowre uses servers hosted in the United States. Please note that we may be transferring your information outside of your region for storage and processing in the United States and around the globe. By using the Services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include sensitive information in your emails to us.