- Knowre’s curricula can be assigned in any order for the whole class or according to the needs of individual students.
- Lessons include introductory comics, instructional videos, and practice and application questions.
- Students solve questions, get step-by-step support, and earn rewards (stars and coins) as they progress.
- Teachers can assign adaptive reviews, which address individual student weaknesses and help fill learning gaps.
Walk Me Through
- Knowre’s Walk Me Through feature offers students step-by-step support as they answer questions. This support modeled off the way teachers work with students on a one-to-one basis.
- Students can click on the Walk Me Through button on the left-hand side of the screen when they need help, or they will be taken to it automatically if they answer a question incorrectly.
- The Walk Me Through is also interactive, so students will need to submit answers at each step or sub-step.
- Knowre’s videos provide students with short, targeted bursts of instruction.
- Videos accompany every practice question and can be accessed through the Lesson Index or the upper right hand corner of a problem page.
- Individual Walk Me Through steps also feature “in-step” videos that relate directly to the sub-skill.
Coins and Stars
- Coins and stars form the basis of Knowre’s achievement system.
- Students can earn up to three coins for each question they answer. 3 coins are awarded if a student answers the question correctly without support. Students earn 2 or less coins by accessing the Walk Me Through or by entering incorrect answers.
- All Knowre questions can be retried. This provides students with a fresh opportunity to earn all three coins.
- Stars are earned on the basis of coins and appear on the curriculum map. Students can earn up to 3 stars for each lesson.