Knowre’s Walk Me Through supports students just as a teacher would if they were working one-on-one with them. Students can select the Walk Me Through, or they will be taken there if they answer a question incorrectly.
Walk Me Through
How it works
- As students are asked to submit an answer to a math problem, they are given the option to use the “Walk Me Through” in the event they need support.
- Students are always given 2 opportunities to submit the correct answer. If they do not answer the question correctly the first time, they are given a second chance and the “Walk Me Through” button lights up to prompt the student to ask for help.
- When working through the Walk Me Through, a student will be required to enter answers as they are prompted with guiding questions.
- Many skills are supported with embedded videos which students can access with a simple click on the video icon. Videos are provided to support students on the specific skill they are working on.
- Students can always minimize the Walk Me Through once they are ready to try to problem again by clicking “I can solve it now.”
- Students will earn fewer coins by accessing the Walk Me Through for support. However, at the end of each problem, they are given the opportunity to “Try again” and re-attempt the problem without support and earn 3 coins.
Entering an answer
Answering an open-ended question in Knowre is made easy with a simple math palette that helps to provide math inputs that are not available on a regular computer keyboard.
How to use the math palette
- Our simple math palettes appear as soon as you place your mouse in the answer input box.
- Simply select the necessary symbols needed to express your answer appropriately.
- If there is a symbol that is not found on the math palette, then it is on your keyboard.
Knowre includes many questions which give students a chance to practice their graphing skills.
How to graph
- Each graphing problem provides a slightly different version of the tool to help you express your response appropriately.
- If there is a graphing palette on the right side of the page, first select the appropriate graph you would like to use and then manipulate it on the screen.
- If there is no graphing palette on the page, simply manipulate the graph by clicking and dragging the points.
- In certain problems you will also be able to change points and lines to open or make them dotted using the palette made available below the graph.
- To express limits, drag the bar underneath the graph.
- To clear the graph and start again, simply click x.
- If a point turns red you will need to click it to turn it green before it will move.
Expressing your answer on a number line is simple. Here’s how.
How to manipulate the number line
- Simply click and drag the point(s) to reposition in the appropriate spot.
- Select “Change Open/Close” to modify the point.
- Change directions by selecting “Change Direction.”